Future is always uncertain. It could be bigger or diminutive than we predict. Still, we never give up on it. Am I right? To have a bit assured forecast, we all use a common equation that is
Past Experiences + Present Actions = Future
Certainly, this works up to some extent in most of the cases because it’s a logical calculation. The same reasoning we can apply for a talk of the town technology ‘Augmented Reality’ (AR).
The technology has a very long yet interesting journey up till now. Ideation of AR technology was rejected by the tech world with a tag of ‘fantasy.’ It seemed quite impossible to overlay computer-generated sensory inputs on a real-world environment. But, the time changes and an incompetent technology turns into powerful one and starts ruling the tech market.
So, let’s start with major glimpses of the technology that eventually help us in defining a great contribution of Augmented Reality in the upcoming tech era.
Earlier, AR was considered as a technology for scientific innovation. Gradually, it has crossed the boundaries of laboratories and entered into commercial and individual’s space by creating augmented reality apps for web and mobile platforms. While enlarging its wings from sci-fi to businesses and human life, the technology doesn’t lose its potential. In fact, it becomes more powerful in generating immersive content and delivering an exciting and interactive experience to the organizations and consumers.
Adoption and Response from Users
Credit of introducing augmented reality to layman goes to Niantic. Yes, I am talking about none other than Pokemon GO. Undoubtedly, the game application was a blast. It broke all the previous records in terms of mobile app downloads. People were simply amazed by the game and enjoyed it. Such a tremendous response encouraged corporate to develop augmented reality app and deliver an immersive experience to the consumers.
Well, I don’t think these are the primary objectives for which AR is invented and meant to. The upcoming future of the technology will be larger than we think.
Core Purpose of Evolution
The technology carries a core responsibility to connect the pool of information with real-world. It is supposed to create digital information and integrate it with the physical world in an interactive form so that users can receive the most relevant content. The way users receive the data is a secondary objective.
Integration with other technologies enables AR to create a bigger picture. It can perform greater than its defined duty of collecting and analyzing the data, transforming information into graphical sensory elements, and integrating them with physical objects.
Present State of the Technology
- Augmented Reality is going through a tremendous technological expansion due to its incremental usage. All the tech giants have started developing augmented reality apps, software, sensors, and input devices that can be used in commercial space and simplify daily life of the human beings.
- Releasing ARKit, Apple has opened up incredible opportunities for the technology. The Apple ARKit is compatible with iOS 11 that is available in recently announced iPhone 8 and iPhone X. It allows augmented reality app developers to merge digital information into the physical world to provide a unique experience to the users.
- Launching AR on Instagram and Facebook, the biggest social networking platform Facebook has initiated a new trend. The company is planning to develop augmented reality-based camera and lightweight glasses that display virtual objects in the real world.
Industries have started adopting the technology as an integral part of their marketing strategy. Facilitating buyers with immersive content, they boost up customer engagement and improve their bottom line. Brands can also use augmented reality apps in order to enhance the efficiency of internal communication and processes.
Emerging Mainstreams in Augmented Reality
- To offer exclusive experiences to the customers, nowadays AR devices involve wireless sensors, touch recognition, face recognition, motion recognition, speech recognition, compasses, accelerometers, peripherals, gyroscope, and more.
- In order to gain the maximum advantage of the hardware capabilities of mobile devices, brands go for the Best Augmented Reality Apps Development. Using Augmented Reality Markup Language (ARML), tech companies can support in the standardization of SML language for VR. With the readily available Software Development Kits (SDKs), AR application development becomes simpler than ever.
- For next-gen augmented reality mobile app development, composition of various hardware components are required. It needs integration of input device, display, processor, and sensors. Smartphones already contain a few of the hardware components such as GPS, camera, processor, display, microphone, and so on.
- Display of data is very crucial in augmented reality. Usually, it is performed by the monitor of the machine. A few of other systems can also perform this display task such as Spatial Augmented Reality, virtual retinal display, eyeglasses, handheld display, optical projection systems, Eye Tap, hands-up display, head-mounted display, contact lenses, and more.
Future of Augmented Reality
To deliver an extremely dynamic future to humanity, AR will be integrated with other robust technologies like Cloud, Big Data, Wearables, Computing, Internet of Things, virtual reality, mobility, artificial intelligence, etc. Since the concept of the smart city came into existence, we all are dreaming to live within it. Augmented reality will facilitate users with digital information in their existing physical surroundings.
When we will be able to avail the full potential of the technology, we will have digital information about everything around us including buildings, museums, offices, homes, cities, transportation, and humans. We will be able to interact with the live environment through a dynamic and customized interface. Digital information will change the way we access the data through directories, physical sign, and other media.
Well, it’s not clear yet how the broad implementation of AR will look like. However, the way many companies are working on exciting projects, the future of technology will be disruptive for sure. In the upcoming time, we will have a pool of augmented reality apps that transform users behaviors in terms of interacting with the mobile devices. The great combo of AR and mobility will become an integral part of the human life by allowing them to access the infinite information in one go.
Introduction of the AR in the mobile platform will drive tremendous changes in UI/UX design of the applications. Thus, apart from conveying information, intuitive interface will interact with the user, encourage them to take action, and improve their activities in the applications.
Bevond has a team of tech enthusiasts who are passionate to work on custom augmented reality mobile app development. We own an AR SDK that speaks about our proven excellence in AR. Our motto is to integrate the technology in daily life to boost up the productivity of experiences. If you wanna stay ahead in the competition and ready to invest in augmented reality, just share your dream project with our team. Let’s work together to contribute a little in the ocean of AR and making the future brighter.